Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Really, Really Dark Eye Circles

I have really, really dark eye circles as well as wrinkles at the side of my eyes. Have you ever gone for a skin analysis where they tell you how hydrated or dehydrated your skin is and also the condition of your skin. Well, generally the comments on my skin from the Lancome, Biotherm and Shiseido SAs are - dry and dehydrated but quite small pores and very dark eye circles. But the latest skin analysis done by a SKII SA was - the result : your skin condition and around your eye area is older than my actual age, which is 41. EEEEKKKK!!!!!

Beware of what you are going to view.......



Dark eye circles and wrinkles

You know how women are - very, very sensitive on how they look. Whenever people in general know of my age, 99.9% of the time, they are quite shocked as I do not look my age at all. They said I look like in my late 20s to early 30s : D. Maybe because we always have a pre-conceived idea how a 40 over year old should look like - "auntie" which I am definitely not.

So, when the SKII SA said my eye area condition look beyond my age, PANIC was my immediate reaction. I had to do something quick. I could not afford SKII which she was trying very hard to sell to me, so I started buying other eye cream products.

The first I started off was Bioxil's Advanced Wrinkle Lifting Eye Cream (15ml), which I bought at a promotional price of just RM99 (NP : RM199). It was supposed to reduce eye wrinkles and lighten my dark eye circles within 2 weeks. After 2 weeks of usage, I did not see any improvement so, I thought with my serious condition I would need a bit longer for it to take effect. After 1 month of usage - still nothing. 2 months - NOTHING. Finished the product - NOTHING AT ALL !!!!

OK, one day I saw my god auntie who is close to 50 but look more 30s. I immediately asked her what skincare she is using. Answer - LAMER's the eye concentrate and LAMER's moisturizing cream. My heart dropped when I heard LAMER. With just the small pot of eye cream costing RM600++, I knew my life was doomed. But being quite persistent, I went to LAMER in Metrojaya, Midvalley to enquire about the eye cream and got myself a free sample (came in a little pot of 3ml) which I used day and night for 1 month plus. Result : NOTHING either. What !!! How many bottles must I use to see the results.

Subsequently, I used Benefit's Eyecon (14g ?), Clinique's All About Eyes (5ml - sample size), Shu Uemura's Smoothing Anti-Wrinkle Emulsion (10ml - travel size). I have finished using all of them. Results the same for all - NOTHING, NO IMPROVEMENT AT ALL !!!

I have yet to use Clinique's Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream (5ml - sample size) and Laneige's Star White Eye Spot (15ml) which I bought recently during the Laniege Beauty Fair at Parkson Pavillion for RM90.


My used and unused eye products


Oops, forgot about the Laniege eye cream

I'm at a loss and cannot decide - should I be patient and stick with one product until I see results (but what if I don't after multiple bottles) or continue my search for THE ONE or resigned to having dark eye circles because of genetic and late nights.